Sunday 2 September 2012

Italy, April 1974 (Turin)

Via Pomba Pensione Terrace. Turin 74. Door to my room on the left 



Don


Elena and Don.  A two-litre bottle like this could be refilled at the Bar
across the street for about 600 Lire (about 40 cents US)
Elena making fun of "the chin"

Name slips the mind at the moment... but I met her again in
Peking, in October 1976.  She was there teaching English still.
I was in the Australian Embassy, as a Third Secretary.
Later (17 Feb '13): remember now, Elaine.  There's a couple of stories about
her, but can't talk here.....]

Pipe Days

The room I had till I was "promoted" to the
one on the terrace above.  I did a lot of reading
on Buddhism at that time, helped by the
Barbera.  Decided not for me... 
View from that room above. What do you call those type of windows?

Whatever your call these dypes of windows, they're pretty cool
and a great way to add visibility in limited roof space.


I was in Turin, with Linguarama from February to July 1974. Apart from the regular teaching at the Linguarama offices on Corso Vittorio Emmanuele, I had two private students, Alfredo and Mauro, both lawyers.  It was they who invited us along with them on their holidays on the Yugoslavian island of Martinscica, in July.  We went there via Courmayeur, climbs in the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.